Thursday, May 27, 2021

Officially 50lbs down, but with mixed feelings.

So on one hand, I've officially hit the 50lb mark since starting keto/low carb at the beginning of January (SW: 265), and I know I should be absolutely thrilled, but I'm feeling bittersweet instead.

It appears my body fat percentage is still quite high, because although I have seen several inches lost, my body definitely doesn't look it's lost THAT much weight, and undoubtedly, I look much larger now than I did the last time I was this weight back in 2015. And while my clothes are much looser now compared to January, I am by no means able to fit into the clothes I was able to wear the last time I was at this weight.

Water weight aside, I'm now wondering if it means I've been losing a lot of muscle instead of fat.

I do intend to start exercising around July or so (the goal is to get to onederland first) so I figure that'll improve my body composition somewhat, but in the interim, I still feel a bit bummed out that my weight loss isn't more "visible".

submitted by /u/mellyjiggles
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3uCdIeZ

No comments:

Post a Comment