Tuesday, May 25, 2021

Fluctuating weight and a happy tangent.

Obligatory long time stalker first time posting disclaimer. Also I read the FAQ before posting this!

I've been dieting and exercising since Feb. I noticed that my weight would occasionally freeze before suddenly dropping a kilogram, but the FAQ said that was normal so I trudged onwards.

One thing that I've noticed, however, is that my weight can fluctuate as much as two kilograms over a week. Like right now: last Friday I was 80.6kg and only .6 away from my initial goal! Now I'm 82.5kg.

Is... is that normal?

Also, just as a happy tangent, my students (I'm in Japan) are aware of my weight loss efforts. I set a goal weight of 80KG and promised I'll have a hair cut when I get there (it's a bit wild atm.) Last Friday I decided to wear a more figure-hugging shirt instead of my baggier white ones that I hid my ample frame under. It must have highlighted my weight-loss successes because I had a bunch of students go "Whooaaaaaa NormativeDiscourse sensei, yaseta! yaseta!" I didn't understand so I just tiled my head before they started gesturing with their hands and repeating "slim! slim!"

I must admit, that felt good. The fact that that happened multiple times that day, including with a couple of teachers, made it feel even better.

submitted by /u/NormativeDeterminism
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3yCWVeF

No comments:

Post a Comment