Tuesday, May 25, 2021

Plateaus suck

I’ve hit my first real plateau and it’s a bit of a bummer. I’m just going to keep on keepin on, and I know it’ll break. But damn if it’s not discouraging! I was hoping to really up my workout game once I got below 200, because right now all I’m doing is taking the stairs at work and other small things.

I’m on mobile, so I have zero idea if I have any current stats listed... SW: ~270, CW: 205, GW: TBD (I list TBD, because I plan to incorporate more physical activity now that I’ve got the eating better part down. I care more about how I feel, my overall energy, and how my clothes fit more than an exact goal number, which is a feeling that has evolved over time... my old GW in my head was 150-160). I am counting calories and went back to being a vegetarian. My weight loss was slowed down by breaking 3-4 of my front teeth in November. I was on only liquids for almost 2 months. That should have sped it up, but I admittedly did not start out trying to lose weight in a terribly healthy way. The meal replacement shakes were true meal replacements and not diet or protein shakes, so they were slightly higher calorie since they were pretty much my sole source of nutrition. But it slowed me down and it made things more sustainable overall. I still can’t eat “normally”, but having to think very hard about “do I want to put the energy into eating this?” and “do I feel like cutting this up into 20 tiny pieces?” has really changed my relationship with food and overall emotional eating habits. Pro/con for sure. Dental work has cost $4,000 and counting and my face still hurts, but I’m down 4 pant sizes. Hah.

Pic to show progress and boost myself up a little bit. Haha.

It should be noted that in the first picture, I was aggressively sucking in my gut because I wanted to show off my new shirt- it wasn’t for a starting point of weight loss or anything. First pic: ~270-275, September 2020 Second pic: 206, May 2021

progress: Sept-May EDIT: I’m so sorry, my progress photo has a bad word on my shirt!

submitted by /u/-Helena-Handbasket-
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3hXHDvd

No comments:

Post a Comment