Sunday, May 30, 2021

Thing they never tell you: weight loss is awkward

32F, 5’7”, CW: 214, SW: 234, GW: 150ish

I’ve been on a plateau for a few months and have admittedly been stressed out and mostly just trying to keep the weight I lost off (with some success).

I have started my research, which is a very physical job hiking through the forest for several hours a day, crouching and looking at plants with a big heavy pack on my back. I also hike on the weekend with my dog every other week or so, and the “down time” at my job also involves things like agricultural work, such as digging holes and shaking out dirt from sod to plant trees for an orchard. I also strength train with body weight exercises. I am not really paying attention to calories except a general goal not to eat crappy foods.

As a result of all this, I have begun losing fat, but not weight. I am two pounds heavier on the scale but my pants are comically loose. I have a shirt that has not fit in two years that is almost comfortable, but not evenly: loose in the shoulders and chest, still a bit snug on the waist but not too much so. Parts of my face look uneven, but my glasses are actually loose. I’m not yet ready to shed my max weight clothes quite yet, and I can’t slip back into all my old clothes yet.

Having never lost this much weight this quickly before, I am surprised at how awkward it is, physically. I have accepted that my body is going through a large change, but it’s weird and uncomfortable to be able to see it day in and day out until I’ve begun to normalize.

Anybody else experience this or is it just my weird body?

submitted by /u/Jasmotron3k
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3vxLa7s

No comments:

Post a Comment