Wednesday, May 26, 2021

Check the Ingredient List on your Artificial Sweetners

Hi all,

Recently I hit what (I thought) was the standard weight loss plateau. I couldn’t lose any weight for several weeks using the standard method of averaging my weights across a 7 day period and then comparing. To prevent myself from caving to my cravings during this time of stalled progress I started drinking water combined with my favourite, flavoured, zero calorie sweetener like mad. I consumed so much of it when I use to only take a few times per week.

It turns out, that the sodium citrate in my favourite sweetener was causing me to retain significant amounts of water weight as I assume that my body was trying to seek a salinity balance by holding water. After a few days of cutting it out, I dropped 4 pounds!

Even though I was still losing fat mass in a calories deficit...seeing it manifest on the scale helped my confidence. Maybe others can relate.

submitted by /u/domo_the_great_2020
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3yGb233

No comments:

Post a Comment