Sunday, May 30, 2021

How much protein do I need? (17 / 176lb / 182cm)

Hello everyone. I recently turned seventeen and have been trying to lose weight for a while now. It’s actually been going well—lost ten pounds in the last eight weeks!

I lift nearly five times a week (the weights are not heavy but have definitely aided in building muscle and overall toning.) I also walk around 10,000 steps a day.

I’ve been tracking my food for the aforementioned eight weeks, including my macros. I eat around 1700 calories a day, and usually 120g of protein.

Lately I’ve been told that I actually need to up my protein intake (something closer to 1g per pound, which would equate to 176 grams of protein a day.) Is this really feasible for weight loss or is this more of a bulking thing?

I decided to try having ~170 grams of protein today but found myself getting really, really full. My 400 calorie lunch (which had about 60g of protein) was a challenge to finish up.

Is this feasible? Should I just go back to what I was doing or should I stick with this?

Would really appreciate your insight. Thanks a lot!

submitted by /u/KingOmar916
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3i0z1UJ

No comments:

Post a Comment