Thursday, May 27, 2021

Lost 35kg or 77lbs. Advices from a former fatty

Dear all,

i used to gain weight when i was a small kid already. At the age of 10 years i noticed i was a lot heavier than my classmates and when i entered middle school and later high school i got close to 242 lbs with a height of 5.8 feet. Believe me this was a handicap, both physically and mentally! I was 20 years old when i reached the peak of my weight gain. Comments from other people about me being fat hit me right in the feelings. I ate tons of sweets because it would make me feel better.

I realized i had to do something in my second semester of studying. So i started with mountainbiking, doing 10miles, 20 miles and so on... I noticed i was feeling better with each month i would ride my bike. At the beginning i would ride my bike occasionally. After a few months i would plan at least two rides per week that would last at least one hour each. I would not ride very hard. I was able to talk while riding. I started to add salad and vegetables to my meals and tried to avoid sweets. Although i did not cut all of them, i noticed a slight weight loss.

While studying i met some guys that played squash. I really liked to watch and so i started to play it occasionally. I really liked the intensity of the game and the speed. I started to play at least once a week. The intensity was often very high leaving me without breath sometimes.

Over two years i lost around 66 lbs of weight. At some point i replaced mountainbiking with road cycling. I have kept my weight constant for seven years now. My doctor says that my health has improved dramatically. I would also consider my state of mind to be much better than before.

I guess the main idea to loose weight is to accept your situation and have the willpower to change something in your life. I know it is hard and i know it takes a lot of courage to overcome the great barrier of idleness but at the end it is worth it.

If you have any questions feel free to ask. I hope my story motivates you.

Have a nice day

submitted by /u/strained_silicon
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2RH2s3x

No comments:

Post a Comment