Wednesday, May 26, 2021

My advice for those who want help with Sustainable weight loss and getting toned!

Let me start with I'm (34F) I'm 5'5" and SW:175lbs CW:145lbs. Started my journey January 2019.

  1. There's no quick fix. If you want sustainable results the process is slow. Doing drastic things to lose weight will leave you frustrated, tired and you will give up.
  2. Patience Patience Patience. Good things come to those who work for it and have the PATIENCE to wait for the results.
  3. CONSISTENCY CONSISTENCY CONSISTENCY. I can not stress this enough.
  4. Don't believe the 12 week before and after photos floating around or on magazine covers. It's a marketing ploy. Building muscle takes YEARS not weeks. Refer back to #2.
  5. Focus on weight lifting. Weight lifting will get you to your goal faster. Weight lifting puts your metabolism into overdrive even after your workout is done. Weight lifting allows you to eat more. And you need to eat clean with high protein intake.
  6. You MUST eat! You can not build muscles if you don't eat. Eat smart. Limit boxed meals that are quick to make. Make sure there's a protein source with every meal and snack.
  7. NO FOOD IS OFF LIMITS! If you want a donut, or taco bell or doritos chips. Eat it. Just make the conscious decision to not eat 4 donuts, or eat taco bell everyday for lunch. Once in a while is fine. And when you do eat the donut don't allow yourself to get in the mindset of "well I fucked up. So fuck it. I'm just going to eat like crap the rest of the week and start again Monday." Refer back to #3....as long as you're consistent with eating well 80% of the time and staying consistent with your workouts, all that donut is, is extra fuel for you to crush your workout the next day :)
  8. Drink all the water!! I aim for a gallon everyday.
  9. If you're starving late at night you didn't eat enough during the day. Try eating a little more the next day as see how you feel at night.
  10. Body Composition. This was huge for me. According to the height and weight chart that dr's follow I'm on the high end of normal for my height...and depending on the day I teeter into the slightly overweight category. All though my 20's I thought I needed to be 125lbs but getting lower than 140lbs has always been hard for me and now I know why. I naturally have a lot of muscle (mostly in my legs and butt) and now days I have more due to my weight lifting. In order for my to weight 125lbs I would need to lose muscle mass. My current body fat is 22.5% which is considered fit. I don't have an extra 20lbs of fat to lose, yet the scale says otherwise. So don't believe what that scale says. Look into getting a professional body composition done. That will tell you WAY more about your body than a scale. :)

I hope that helps someone out there! I also can help with daily diet and workout stuff as well if someone wants that. Just comment below. :) Thanks for listening.

submitted by /u/KateDunnan81
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3ws3j6O

No comments:

Post a Comment