Saturday, May 29, 2021

NSV and Bathtubs

I am down roughly 55 lbs since January and I’m hoping to lose another 55. So I’m roughly halfway through my weight loss plan. I follow intermittent fasting with a roughly 20/4 schedule although sometimes my window is a bit longer and sometimes I do one meal a day. I started to exercise consistently in February first by trying to run but it was really hard on my knees and ankles because of my weight. So I started using an off brand spin bike with the Peloton app and moved from cardio only to strength classes about six weeks ago, which is a nice challenge. I have a few friends trying to get fit too so we have a group thread going where we text each other workout selfies and challenge each other with daily or weekly challenges. I feel thinner but also stronger and I think exercise is the key to my success this time around. I lost 30 lbs a couple years ago and then gained it a year later. I didn’t exercise much at all and found IF unsustainable with drinking and socializing. I basically don’t drink anymore and I feel a lot better - I drink my feelings the same way I eat my feelings, so I was misusing alcohol for sure as a separate issue from my weight. With consistent exercise I have something to focus on besides the scale moving or not moving, more NSVs related to movement and activity, and it feels manageable to keep up the workouts because it will help me manage my weight in the long term. It also gives me something to do instead of eat. My mom lost a lost of weight a few years ago and kept it up which she attributes to her daily walk which she is militant about.

Anyway that’s my weight loss story - here is my NSV. I love baths, but I have two kids and I’m busy so I don’t get much chance to have them. I was really surprised last night at how much more of my body was actually covered by the bath water. I can’t remember the last time my stomach wasn’t mostly out of the water. But my real NSV was at the end of the bath. I always let the water drain while I stay in the tub waiting for it to empty. The size of my body would kind of suction to the tub and then when I'd finally stand up, a big cascade of water would flood out from behind my back/butt.

That didn't happen last night! I went to stand up and the tub was completely dry. No water. My body doesn't suction to the tub anymore and all the water could flow around me.

Such a weird unexpected victory, especially because I just had a nearly one month plateau where I wasn't losing weight at all.

Bathtub gains?! Is that a thing?

submitted by /u/personalgreen
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3wMveyx

No comments:

Post a Comment