Saturday, May 29, 2021

I'm planning a gradual lifestyle change

I'm currently 22F/5'2"/173lbs. I've tried calorie counting several times in the past and it always works, but I struggle to keep up with it and quit it after a few months nearly every time. Instead, I'm trying to do a bit of a wellness journey over this summer to build healthier habits. I'm using a habit tracker for the basics of a morning and evening routine and then planning to add a few small habits once a week or so. I'm trying to figure out what some high-yield daily food/exercise habits would be.

For this week, I'm going with a consistent wakeup time and very basic morning/bedtime routines, as well as a 2 mile walk daily. I do most of the things in my morning/bedtime already but not at consistent times. I hope that having routines will help me have consistent sleep (recently I've had a terrible college student sleep schedule). I already go for at least a one mile walk most days, so this week's change is increasing it a little and making it more consistent.

I want to figure out what a few good things are to add each week. For example, next week I'm thinking I'll come up with a few healthy high protein breakfasts and start tracking that I eat those every day. The next week I'll quit takeout lunches and switch to lower cal frozen ones or meal prepped ones. The week after I might start explicitly limiting alcohol more than I already am. The main idea is to make one small but meaningful permanent change each week.

Anyways that's the broad idea, but I'm not really sure how to choose what order I do these changes in and I'm not sure what additional changes would really help. I know that this kind of thing doesn't gurantee weight loss in the way that good calorie counting does, but I hope I can stick to these habits longer. What habits do y'all recommend?

submitted by /u/bipartitesloth
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/34w7iU2

No comments:

Post a Comment