Thursday, May 27, 2021

How do I get started on my weight loss journey when I'm constantly struggling with mental problems?

I've (F20) been overweight my entire life. I don't think I remember a time when I didn't feel like I wasn't huge, whether or not I actually was. I've been battling severe depression, anxiety, body dysmorphia, low self-esteem, trauma, PCOS, and eating disorders for years.

I've tried diets of all kinds, including not eating for days on end, and many workout routines, from crossfit to different personal trainers. Though I found isolated successes, I could never defeat this trial.

I find myself at 100lbs overweight and feel the years slip off my lifespan. I feel lonely, but I've never been in a relationship nor foreseeing that happening soon. I have many ambitions, and though I work hard in my education, I can't imagine being successful in any sort of real life circumstances.

I've gone between giving up and trying "one last time," but everything just keeps getting worse. I did counseling for a couple years, but I don't have a cent to my name to pursue that or other things that might help. I've only been getting by at the mercy of my family, who is also very against medication that might alleviate some of my mental health symptoms, so that seems out of the question.

I feel so stuck and discouraged. What can I do to get through this?

submitted by /u/TheCelloPlayer
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/34liIK2

No comments:

Post a Comment