Tuesday, May 25, 2021

I love my old license photo

A lot of people who lose weight tend to look back on old pictures of themselves and feel a sense of sadness, shame or "how did I let myself go/things get so bad?". While these thoughts are normal, and I've certainly had them to a degree, I really love seeing my license photo. It reminds me of where I started, and that the picture was taken on 2/12/20, and the remarkable progress that was made in that time where now I'm just another thin (according to my friends, so American definition of thin!) guy that would easily get lost in a crowd. I'm different in key ways from the man who showed up at AAA during lunch break a month before the world shut down to get a new license photo, but I also still have the same hobbies, the same interests, the same skills, the same job, the same family, the same friends, and am, in all the ways that really matter, the same person.

I love that man in the photo, and all the work that he did to get to the man he is today, and the decades of weight related strife he overcame in less than 18 months. Having that reminder is a really positive reminder to me of the progress, and sometimes starts a conversation about weight loss and fitness when I go to the dispensary or the liquor store and someone cards me. Don't hate your old self after you lose weight, remember what that obese person was truly capable of, and remember that in all the ways that really matter, you're the same person. Do what you can to help others if they come asking for it, and always remember where you started and what you're capable of.

submitted by /u/MarlnBrandoLookaLike
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3umfkt5

No comments:

Post a Comment