Monday, May 31, 2021

Shopping for clothes is now something I enjoy instead of dread

I've lost a fair bit of weight this past year though straight up CICO and casual exercise and, understandably, all of my pre-weight loss clothes don't even approach fitting anymore. This is particularly an issue for any sort of professional wear as the pandemic meant I did not need to purchase any while losing weight like I did with more casual clothes.

Since I'm finishing my weight loss journey I decided to go shopping to start rebuilding my button down collection. I always hated shopping for clothes. I hated looking at myself in the change room mirror, seeing how I barely squeezed into whatever I was trying on. I hated praying that the largest size in the store, usually an XL, would fit while there were stores like the Gap where I knew even the largest sizes were too small. It always made me feel awful.

So this time I grabbed some mediums, a size that seems to usually work these days, in a few styles and headed to the fitting room. One of the shirts fit quite nicely, but another was surprisingly loose. On a whim I decided to see if a small would even fit, and, while it was certainly fitted, it looked good and wasn't even tight like some XL used to be. I realized that I was enjoying looking at myself and seeing how the clothes fit. Even more importantly, I no longer cared whether the small fit because that would either mean I just went a size up or that it just wasn't the right cut.

So I bought my first size small piece of clothing since...who knows...I was a small child? Even then I'm fairly sure I was on the larger end. It is surreal now to even think that I would buy a size small but its also a sign that there no longer stores that I should fear entering to shop. I don't feel much different after losing weight in many ways, but this is one area where there is a major change.

submitted by /u/canmoose
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3vCWFut

No comments:

Post a Comment