Thursday, May 27, 2021

I've lost weight, but my waist has increased in size

I'm 24F, used to be a pro athlete (long distance running) as a teen, kept casually exercising from ages 18-23, then last year I got covid and lung damage and haven't been able to exercise much since. I went from 170cm/5'7" and 60kg to 53kg in a very rapid amount of time, and now I'm almost 54kg but unable to gain more weight. I've done some modelling in the past hence why I knew my measurements. Strangely, my waist measurements at the moment are higher than they were a year ago when I was 7kg heavier! Used to be 25" waist, now it's 27.5" despite my looking more unhealthy now.

Right now I am looking to lose the skinny fat but hopefully become healthier and stronger through my diet, so apologies if this is the wrong place to talk about this.

I want to start working out to not just to lose the weight but to feel healthier and stronger. I know my weight is fairly low already but I want to be less skinny fat and more healthy, athletic and slim.

Is it normal for one's body distribution to change this much with weight loss? Is it something I can fix?

submitted by /u/lovetempests
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3p2NGjO

No comments:

Post a Comment