Sunday, May 30, 2021

Diets or events that cause a weight loss rebound?

I've been thinking recently about how many diets claim and do succeed in helping people lose weight, at the same time we rarely get a glimpse of their long term effects and how sustainable they really are. I recently started reading up on what happened to the Biggest Loser's contestants and how their health was after the show, it got me thinking about my own journey.

In my experience I have done the following diets over the better part of a decade , with lots of guilt and disappointment in between diets, with my results below.

Keto/Atkins: Some weight loss and then a higher rebound, pretty hard to control caloric intake when bacon, ghee omelettes and bulgogi are so tasty, ended up re-introducing carbs because they paired so well with the keto dishes. Did notice better strength due to higher protein intake.

Vegan 4-5 days a week: Weight loss was significant since vegetables are low in calories. Derailed and regained weight due to my love for meat, rebounded higher due to revenge eating

Intermittent Fasting / OMAD: I do this as part of CICO but the hunger pangs can be real, personally unsustainable as a full time regimen

CICO: Generally works and would recommend incorporated as part of any diet, the pitfalls are that people tend to underestimate calories

Grapefruit diet: Lasted less than a week, rebounded harder with revenge eating because I was missing pasta. Still love grapefruit

Fruits only diet: Rebounded hard because of revenge eating, ended up eating way too much sugary and enjoyable fruits, I did find some fruits I love though like pineapple and melon

Carnivore diet: Quit after constipation, some weight loss but unsustainable

'6-8 liters of water a day': I probably drink more than 6 liters now since I exercise so this is just good hydration advice

Nutritionist's pyramid of food: Ended up gaining more weight because I used a larger pyramid

I currently just try and eat a balanced diet below my maintenance calories which has been working pretty well

submitted by /u/TheresNoFreeLunch
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2RO5B1z

No comments:

Post a Comment