Monday, May 24, 2021

Regaining Motivation after a Health Setback

Last year during lockdown I used the greater free time to begin a new attempt at losing weight. Though I was pretty successful (getting down from 333 to 190), in January my grandmother passed away and my mother was in the hospital. The pounds began to come back on and my mother passed away in February. Just when I thought I'd seen the worst, I had a stroke in March. Though I'm grateful to still be alive, I'm having a hard time being motivated to work out because everything is such a struggle. I used to be able to run miles a day and now even walking I feel unbalanced. I know it hasn't been very long since the stroke and I should concentrate more on what I can do than what I can't, but I just feel so discouraged being so far set back. Has anyone had a major health event like a stroke or an accident that required rehab and how did it impact your weight loss journey? I guess I'm just looking for reassurance that it gets better and that people have still been successful.

submitted by /u/BryProxy
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3oYuOT7

No comments:

Post a Comment