Friday, June 4, 2021

Lots of Questions, Need Advice

Hi! I started this weight loss journey around May 11th by doing keto with my mom. I (18F, 5'4", SW: 219lbs, CW: 209lbs, GW: 145lbs) have always been overweight and for a long time lurked around 170lbs. I don't even really know what my goal weight should be because I don't know what's healthy on my frame, but 145lbs seemed like at least a good first starting goal. Over the past year, with COVID, starting uni, mental health issues, and some extremely stressful family issues, I've gained 50-60lbs, putting me over 200lbs for the first time in my life and subsequently at my highest weight ever. However, this time losing weight I feel more educated, more calm, and more capable of losing weight. I have an understanding that I'll need to be patient, that healthy weight loss comes slowly, and how important it is to track my calories. I came to this subreddit looking for support and encouragement and have found both, but also have learned a lot. I feel comfortable asking my questions here, so that, hopefully, this weight loss is as successful as possible.

I dropped down to 209lbs by the 28th of May and was really happy and excited! But I understood weight loss would most like slow from there; however, I didn't expect to, over the next week, fluctuate between 209lbs and 210lbs. It seems like it stagnated entirely, and I just feel like it's too soon for a plateau (side note: when do these come along? How long do they usually last? How would one go about breaking one?) or slowing of weight loss given my starting weight (please let me know if I'm wrong!). I was eating at a deficit of 500kcal (assuming my sedentary tdee 2000kcal) or ~750kcal (if lightly active tdee 2300kcal because I've been taking hour long walks every day and biking at least two times a week for a half hour). I was thinking maybe it's because I haven't been weighing my food (only been tracking the calories based on the packaging and serving sizes alone), so I bought a food scale recently and a new body weight scale, a smart one (Wyze). They arrived today, and I used the body weight scale and it showed 42% body fat. I plugged that into the tdee calculator and it dropped my sedentary tdee to 1800kcal and lightly active to 2100kcal, so now I'm thinking that's why I haven't been losing weight faster in these early stages? The scale also said my BMR was ~1500kcal (which, is that low btw?), and I'm pretty sure I should still be creating a deficit from the tdee calculations, but is that right? What should my calorie intake be to create a 500kcal deficit?

I really, really want to be successful this time, so any advice at all I would appreciate :) <3!

submitted by /u/KatjaBon
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3wZcnjS

No comments:

Post a Comment