Sunday, September 19, 2021

10 month diet complete! 5'9 205 -> 143

I just want to share a bit about how my personal process went and what I eat (keep in mind im literally a homeless long haul trucker). I got VERY out of shape/overweight and very depressed about 1.5 years into trucking and really made up my mind to do something about it back in December. I was eating fast food at truck stops almost exclusively and just every bad snack you can think of while driving without any exercise. I first went with nutrisysyem for a few months and the beginnings of working out ( I'm talking like 20 pushups 3x per week). The nutrisystem was amazing to start with to be honest, I think I was losing 10-20 lbs a month just off that, but really thats not sustainable because it's not very healthy.. or tasty really. I learned about nutrition from r/fitness, their wiki is really a weight loss Bible that i studied. I slowly transferred over to eating food that I could get at grocery stores or order online. My workouts got slowly better, a planet fitness membership, a mat/jumprope for cardio/calisthenics on the ground outside my truck. I had to really just do what worked for me but my mind was loving it. I had a scale that I got online that I started tracking my weight/body fat with and it was addicting watching my weight go down consistently, it made it so almost everything I did/do is about weight loss. My goal at the start was 165 but I hit that pretty fast I think and I still had a bunch of belly fat so I kept going because actually I really enjoy my new diet so its no big deal. My new goal was 160 then 155 than 150 than 145.. finally at here at 143 I really really don't want to lose anymore, I've been on maintenance calories for about 3 weeks and it feels great it's almost hard to eat enough sometimes because when you don't eat any junk food calories are actually kinda hard to find.

Anyways my point is that you have to find a system that works for you in your schedule that you can be ok with and that you can sustain, start small and work your way into something, maybe start with only drinking water and see where that leads and learn as much as you can. Here is what my current diet looks like and it keeps me very satiated.

Aikos 000 Greek yogurt - 100 Trufit protein powder - 170 Nut-ritius Peanuts- 200 Walmart salad - 300 Pre workout Banana- 100 Post workout muscle milk - 310 Fiber cracker - 100 Atkins bar - 200 Ground chicken - 100 Corn/butter- 100

Drinks - only water

If I don't workout I don't eat the muscle milk or banana, this is my maintenance eating, before I was eating without the salad or Atkins bar so around 1200 for a few months. Please don't look at this and copy it, this works great for me because I have very limited access to shopping and cooking, but it does work great for me, my energy level is even all day and I really have a constant nice feeling. Before and after of me if your interested. (I also had a succesful 4 month accutane treatment for acne)

http://imgur.com/a/rl7MR4v

submitted by /u/jday112
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3Aqo5pR

No comments:

Post a Comment