Sunday, September 19, 2021

Losing weight by cutting down portions significantly

I know basically starving yourself is never a good option when losing weight, but I’ve found that every now and then, I start eating much less than I usually do for about a month and it has actually helped me lose weight. I did this last year and lost 8 pounds total, which I have managed to keep off for over year. I returned back to eating normally and even indulged occasionally with no issues. Maintaining the weight loss was not difficult and it actually allowed me to change my habits and become more conscious about what i’m putting in my body because I really wanted to keep the weight off. After trying to lose weight the traditional way for nearly a year, I realized I was at a plateau. I think doing the “don’t eat too much” thing is working again, and honestly, I feel fantastic. I believe what I am doing is a form of intuitive eating. I’m not extremely restrictive, I just know to stay away from chocolate cakes, milkshakes, copious amounts of bread and soda. I’ve learned to make peace with being hungry at night, because that’s when the hunger pangs are worst. But that is also when my urge to eat everything in the kitchen is also at its worst. Doing this and even incorporating unintentional intermittent fasting (I don’t eat until late noonish because i’m a late riser and I hate eating early in the day) actually works great together. Additionally, this practice has actually allowed me to feel fuller faster and I automatically take much less food than I used to without feeling like i’m starving or restricting myself too much. Contrary to popular belief, the maintenance after losing weight in a short period of time is not very hard nor does most of it come back.

submitted by /u/peachyskies111
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3Cu0Njg

No comments:

Post a Comment