Sunday, January 27, 2019

1200kcal are not plenty to me... I have to slow down

Hi fellow losers,

today it feels to me like I'm doing a bit of a back step but probably it isn't.

I have lost a bunch of weight during the last 6,5 month. About 74lbs so far. And it feels really good. My eating habits have improved a lot, I have mostly stopped eating my feelings and for the first time in my live I seem to develop normalish eating patterns. I've been looking forward to break the 100kg limit in winter (which are just about 2kg less). I wanted to reach a BMI unter 30 as fast as possible.

I can be very disciplined and I normally expect a lot from myself. In fact I'm seeing a therapist to learn to understand that I'm not just my accomplishments. Since I'm only "allowed" 1200kcal to move on on this pace this weight loss journey is turning from "I treat myself much better" into "I have to fight myself hard to accomplish this next step as fast as possible". I'm struggling daily and feel extremely restricted. Even more than I am in fact because the difference to 1500kcal is not that big. But it's stressing me out to be always on the edge of too much. I'm frustrated to pass on even actually healthy foods and normal meals during the day.

So today I decided so slow down and change my goal to a pound per week. I even thought about maintaining for a while to break this fear of food pattern which slowly is slithering into my mind but I still need to end being morbidly obese as soon as possible which means to lose another 15lbs before I can do that. I will not chance what I eat, I plan to stay low carb for the rest of my live, just how much.

Yes, that's mildly interesting at most but nothing I would usually do, I would just push harder and harder and that is apparently also a pattern I need to break. Cutting myself some slack...

Tldr: Getting a bit obsessive while staying at 1200kcal, decided to slow down.

submitted by /u/majorburden
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2CMbzUZ

No comments:

Post a Comment