Thursday, January 31, 2019

I’ve lost 186lbs over the last 361 days!

I started my weight loss journey at 405lbs on Feb 5, 2018. Over the last year I have not had a cheat day, meal, or bite and have been grinding at the gym daily in an effort to completely take my life back from obesity! I recently started sharing my journey with others in hopes to spark change in those seeking it! I want to let people know that if I can do it clearly anyone can do it!

My diet was the key to my success. You can’t outwork a bad diet! I focused on 3 main things!

  1. Reduce calories to 1500- calories are king! I focused on tracking my calories daily to the T! If I couldn’t track it I didn’t eat it!

  2. I focused on my macros - I my goals were 40% protein, 30% carbs, and 30% fats. To do this I focused on lean meats, protein shakes, cheese, eggs, and Greek yogurt

  3. I avoided all added sugars - after looking at calories i would immediately look at sugar content! Sugar makes people fat not fat content! I even tried avoiding artificial sweeteners as well as much as possible!

Once I had my diet plan in place weight started dropping fast! This helped motivate me to keep going and start exercising!

Towards the end of May I got a gym membership and haven’t looked back since! I am currently down to 219LBS and looking to get right at 200lbs.

Just yesterday Men’s Health shared my story as part of their January transformations series. If you care to hear more about my journey and see some before and afters the link is below!

If you are currently trying to lose weight keep going! Trust In your process and ultimately Train your mind and your body will follow!

Take care!

Men’s Health

submitted by /u/Angel3dotO
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2SglSdx

No comments:

Post a Comment