Wednesday, January 30, 2019

I can finally tell that I'm losing weight.

So I've tried to lose weight multiple times in my life but would always lose motivation after about a month and go back to my old eating habits. At the most I only ever lost about 10 pounds from previous attempts, which I could never physically tell a difference from so it would always start to feel like there was no point. In the past year I've really tried to change my mindset around food and health and have taken steps to make lifelong changes rather than temporary ones. At this point I've lost just under 30 lbs and I'm finally able to see some differences in my body that I wanted to share!

  • My rings are all loose now, I think I've gone down a full ring size and have had to move them from my ring finger to my middle finger
  • I put on a pair of shoes the other day and they were incredibly loose, it felt like someone had replaced them with a larger size as a joke. Didn't necessarily expect to experience a lot of foot weight loss but I'll take it!
  • There's this jacket in my closet, which I bought because I liked it a lot but I could just barely fit into it and my arms were incredibly restricted while wearing it. I tried it on recently and it fits perfectly now and I have total arm movement!
  • I needed to wear something more formal for a presentation recently so I picked out this gorgeous skirt from my closet that I would always wear at my waist line. All day I found myself having to tug this skirt up, it just kept slipping down and I realized that I must not have as much fat around my waist to hold it up anymore.

The entire time I've been losing weight, I've had trouble actually seeing it because when I look in the mirror, I feel like I look the same, despite the number on the scale changing. Having these physical reminders has done a lot to keep me motivated and shown me that my work is actually paying off. I have a closet full of clothes that have been pushed to the back because they stopped fitting. I usually look at them and feel bad but for once I'm excited to go home (I'm away at college) and try everything on to see if there's something I can bring back into rotation!

Feel free to share if you've noticed any differences like this, I'd love to hear what other people have noticed about their bodies after losing weight.

submitted by /u/Agile_Spy
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2RpEHqs

No comments:

Post a Comment