Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Ho, hum.. sister troubles

My sister and I are BFF's and until I moved across Canada last year, we were always encouraging each other to eat healthy and we made sure we got our work outs in together. After I moved, I put on about 15lbs and I blame it on stress and mourning the death of my Grandmother.

Anyway since I moved I would say my sis completely gave up on her goals. She put on probably 30+lbs and stopped exercising completely because she has no one to motivate her, she says. Her life is super hectic with 3 little kids and she struggled with the loss of our Grandmother, as well as my family and I moving away.

Anyway, she has been mentioning to me sometimes that she is ready to get her act together and bunker down, drop the weight! I said that was awesome and asked her what her plan is.

She said she is going to focus on eating 3 square meals and adding exercise back in. I told her that is solid and I will do meal prep Sunday with her over video chat so it will be like old times.

I mentioned to her that when I started weighing my food I couldn't believe how much I was overeating and I was literally SHOCKED at how my idea of a healthy portion was waaaaay off. She knows I weigh my food and it annoys her. She said it is too much work and she is too far gone (obviously she's not) to worry about calories and macros, she just needs to stick to the basics but I know she is taking in too many cals because imo it is simple math, an eye opener, yes, but essential to success. I mentioned IF and she got mad and told me I am stressing her out and we ended the call right after that.

If she asks me again, how can I make these suggestions to her that she won't feel overwhelmed? What is a good starting place for people who feel hopeless? She refuses to download any apps because she won't clear her phone, ugh she is just setting up so many road blocks for herself.

Tl;dr my sister asks me for support with her weight loss journey but gets mad whenever I suggest calorie counting/weighing foods and basically anything else. What should I suggest that I haven't already tried?

submitted by /u/mtlsv
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2B5CUkL

No comments:

Post a Comment