Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Joining the gym again after over a year off

Hi there, everyone! I'm new to this community. To shorten my weight loss story, I've been bouncing back from a healthy weight to a unhealthy (overweight to obese) all of my life. I've spent most of my life on the overweight side.

My most recent ex-boyfriend was a body builder aspiring to be a model. He was also my personal trainer and helped me to lose probably about 10 or 20lbs. He was an ass.

He used criticism and negativity to try to push me to my limits. He was disappointed in me when I ate something I "wasn't supposed to". I refused to eat even a single piece of chocolate for the longest time. When I took a short break from the gym, he was so disappointed that I couldn't squat as much as I used to. I wanted him to be proud of me for coming back. For trying again. I hated him and hated that he couldn't accept me for who I was. I also started hating the gym.

I left him. I still had my gym membership and went a few times post breakup. However, I never returned to the same routine. I eventually quit the gym, mostly because I moved to a new state.

Since the breakup, I've gained a rough total of 80lbs. This is the heaviest I had ever been.

With the guide of a nurse practitioner at my University, I have lost 13lbs since December. It's not where I'd like to be at the end of January, but I am making progress.

Anyways, long story short, I am joining a gym again tomorrow! I'm finally ready to go back. I'm ready to get stronger again and lose the weight hopefully for the last time.

TLDR; I've been thin before but now I'm obese. After being scared to return to the gym from an extremely negative relationship, I'm joining one tomorrow!

submitted by /u/CatWonderball
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2WtLQtt

No comments:

Post a Comment