Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Down 55lbs from my heaviest after several attempts at losing weight..

And the best tip I can give anyone still struggling is to stop trying to make their weight loss journey perfect. I would obsess over everything, trying to make the perfect diet plan and workout routine that I thought would lead me to my goals. The second I would I eat something not a part of my plan or skip a workout I had this terrible mentality to just say to myself “you messed up, enjoy the rest of the week and start again on Monday”. So I’d end up not working out the rest of the week and eating terrible because I was gonna “start over again on Monday and do it perfectly this time”. I would take new starting pictures and record down a new starting weight each Monday because I wanted everything to be perfect when I reached my goal. This would happen week after week and I basically ended up gaining weight because I thought everything needed to be perfect. I think the main problem was I wanted to say that I lost X amount of pounds in X amount of time and here is the exact plan that got me there.

I finally started losing weight when I stopped that mentality and started having the “I messed up, let’s get right back at it”. I stopped obsessing over “the perfect weight loss routine” and just started making better decisions.

I’m a 26 yo male 5’10” HW:217, CW: 162, GW: around 150 or until I have abs showing fully. I plan on posting some progress pics when I hit my goal but I just wanted to share what I thought was the thing that got me over the initial slump of losing weight! I’ve mostly used CICO and working out to lose the weight but honestly each day is different and I take it one day at a time.

I owe a lot of my success to u guys, I’m very thankful for this sub!

submitted by /u/SexuallyHarassdPanda
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2MCZ2rh

No comments:

Post a Comment