Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Is there a reliable source for calories burned walking?

Hi all!

I'm wondering if there is a general concensus regarding the amount of calories burned per mile. I am 5'11 Male at just under 200 pounds (195ish). Ive heard the "100cal burned per mile" rule of thumb but some say that is generous, although I'm assuming at my weight that seems like a fair number.

BMR is apparently 1,993 and I lead a quite sedentary lifestyle, although ive started walking approximately 8 to 10 miles a day for the past 2 weeks. Using MFP to count calories and although the scale isnt moving much ive been told my face has slightly sharpend and my pants have loosened a bit. Trying to trust the process i suppose regardless of the scale

If someone could lead me to a reliable source that would be fantastic

Best of luck on your weight loss journey!

submitted by /u/Akbnoob
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2FWkYgC

No comments:

Post a Comment