Friday, January 25, 2019

NSV: Remembering to forgive myself and celebrate other achievements!

Today marks one month since I quit alcohol. I have only just realised this, at 9.30pm while laying on the sofa feeling guilty about eating too many chocolate bars today. For the last 5 years I have been a heavy drinker, both socially and alone. Quitting is a big deal but necessary for health reasons told to me by my doctor. I quit immediately after Christmas with my last drink on Christmas day but I have just sort of ignored it that and instead I have been focusing on my eating habits and trying to reach unattainable goals with weight loss.

I need to stop beating myself up that I haven't lost anything this month because I have. I have lost a horrible habit. I have lost a useless crutch. I have also gained countless productive hours back and the knowledge that I can achieve something huge and stick to something long term.

I think I tried to do too much in January and almost forgot to celebrate the biggest health change I have made in my life. I don't care that I have eaten more sweet things in January now because I haven't drank the calories like I would have last year. Of course it's going to take time to adjust, I need to give myself a break!

It's step by step to health and I've just realised I am solidly past a very tricky step.

submitted by /u/invisiblemelly
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2sKKjSf

No comments:

Post a Comment