Sunday, January 27, 2019

What do you think created or contributed to your bad eating habits?

I've been trying recently to pinpoint why I was a binge-eater for so many years (less of one now, I've been eating in a far healthier manner and recently hit 30 lbs weight loss, yay!) and for quite a while I just assumed that it was a psychological thing where I felt lonely and like food was one of the only things that could comfort me in my life, thus creating a cycle where I gained more weight, became even more depressed/lonely, and turned even more so to food. While I think this is something that certainly contributed, I realized that this was more of a theme during my teenage years, not during my childhood, where I was also overweight and binge-eating (before I knew it was even a thing). I can't really remember a time where I wasn't overweight, even in pre-school I remember looking around and realizing I was bigger than the other girls, despite the fact that my mom was actually pretty good about feeding us proper portions and always encouraged me to exercise and eat well. The thing is, I remember now moments as a small child where I just always wanted more food, even when I had eaten the appropriate amount already.

I remember my mom telling me at around age 5 that she'd have to stop buying junk food if I didn't stop eating it all (she tried to keep it out of my reach, but there's only so much you can do I guess.), I remember begging her for more food all the time, even as a young kid, and I can't help but wonder why my default was "eat as much as possible" seemingly right from the start. My siblings definitely were not this way. Interestingly enough, one of my nephews (age 4) now displays the same characteristics (always hungry, always wants more) where his siblings do not. Perhaps there is a genetic component there? I'm not entirely sure.

I'd like to know what may have created bad eating/health habits in other people, and when these habits started for all of you? Can you remember when these things started or does it feel like it's just always been like this for you?

submitted by /u/Agile_Spy
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2CNKv7N

No comments:

Post a Comment