Monday, January 28, 2019

Help, I'm struggling with food ):

Hi, everyone.

I've been on the weight loss journey for a few years on and off, In 2017, I moved to a different country for studies and realized that this was the best chance of finally losing the excess weight. So last year, around March, I started doing CICO. Now, around 20lbs lighter, I am struggling to maintain the lifestyle.

As a background, I am Southeast Asian and grew up eating rice three times a day. I am currently in an East Asian country where everyone also consumes rice three times a day. All the recipes I know, and most of the recipes available here, are meant to be eaten with rice. If I don't eat rice, I end up overeating whatever I prepared (the other night I ended up eating 200g of pork).

Now, usually, I can endure the hunger pangs during the warmer months. But in winter, I feel cold and miserable. Eating salad makes me feel like I'm torturing myself. I just want to eat something in hot broth.

But I don't want to give up yet. I already got so far. Please help me by sharing recipes that you guys use?

---

Limitations to my lifestyle: I have an induction stove and a microwave. No oven, no toaster. Lives alone with not much access to Western ingredients ):

submitted by /u/melukia
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2DDmmm7

No comments:

Post a Comment