Sunday, January 27, 2019

I went back to the gym for the first time in a month and a half!!

And damn did it feel good. My MO with gym memberships has alway been to go maaaaybe 2-3 times and then make excuses for months, wasting money, until I’d finally cave and cancel my membership.

This time around I invested in a personal trainer for 6 months, which really helped me get familiar with the gym and the equipment. I didn’t see a ton of weight loss during this time as I wasn’t doing cardio and wasn’t going to the gym outside of my training sessions.

Well, my training sessions ended mid December and of course without the accountability I stopped going. My excuse was initially the holidays, and then how busy the gym would be in January. Yesterday I ignored all of my excuses and went to the gym. I started slow, doing a light ab day and some cardio, but it felt really good to be back.

Just thought I’d share that I’m slowly breaking old cycles. I know going back once does not necessarily mean that I’ll go back again, but it’s one step in the right direction and sometimes that’s all it takes. If you’re in the same boat as me, make a deal with yourself to go back just once. Don’t plan to go 7 days a week right off the hop, because I personally find that very intimidating.

If you have any tips or tricks for me (I.e. getting more comfortable at the gym, any cool exercises or workout routines) I’d love to hear them!

submitted by /u/lord-of-the-elves
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2S90Eyb

No comments:

Post a Comment