Saturday, January 26, 2019

Beautiful Boy changed my mind

The movie taught me something about my weight. I'd never realized how much my unhealthy choices have been hurting my parents as they've watched me balloon up over the years. Recently, I talked about my weight with both of them and my father and mother cried. I used to be a varsity athlete in high school. Now, I am 25 years old, 377 lbs at 5'7. I am 60 bmi, which classifies me as super, super morbidly obese. I recently had to start buying 3xl and 4xl shirts. I've started to develop sleep apnea, which leaves me listless and worried about dying in the middle of the night.

https://imgur.com/a/qJDylrv

SFW pictures of me from two angles.

Worst of all, I started my dream job two weeks ago. One of my reasons for my weight is my single-minded focus on attaining this specific job. (I work as a behind the scenes content creator for a creative endeavor. Kinda have to be vague about it, also why I'm using a throwaway.)

But there's no point in keeping the job if I use it as an excuse for binge-eating habits that will cost me my life.

More than anything in life I want a family one day. I've got Greek, Italian and Turkish roots. Big family is in my blood. But I can't see myself, if I continue this trajectory, ever being there for my future wife or kids in the way they would need me to. I'd die by 40.

Anyway, funnily enough, the way I got my dream job STARTED on reddit. I posted in a couple of well-known creative subreddits. Got some traction there, leveraged it into something else, which then again--quicker than I ever expected--leveraged into something wonderful.

I did notice, however, that my productivity, the quality of productions and the frequency of them shot up while posting to reddit. I'm anticipating this having a similar affect. Some people are motivated by accountability and shining a light on things in public.

Thanks for reading this far. I've studied weight loss for a large chunk of my life with the mindset of "One day, I'll do it." And occasionally attempting, but giving up rather quickly. I have the knowledge, I just need to apply it now.

In that vein, are there any accountability type groups branched off of r/loseit?

submitted by /u/becauseipromised
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2B784s3

No comments:

Post a Comment