Wednesday, January 30, 2019

DEXA Scan results showing me major progress!

I started this year following macros very religiously along with CrossFit 5x per week. I wasn't losing weight very fast and was getting discouraged. Even my measurements weren't showing anything.

I took a DEXA scan last August when I weighed 212 lbs, and continued to gain weight for the rest of the year until I was 216 at the end of December.

I've been perfect with macros all year, and my CrossFit workouts are slowing reaching a point where they're a little enjoyable instead of total misery for 45 mins. :) I hadn't been noticing much of a change, but the DEXA scan was so great for me.

Here are the results between my two scans:

  • ARMS: - 1.12 lbs of fat, + .72 lbs of muscle
  • LEGS: - 2.71 lbs of fat, + .81 lbs of muscle
  • TRUNK: - 4.63 lbs of fat, + 1.67 lbs of muscle
  • ANDROID (abdominal area): - .95 lbs of fat, + .41 lbs of muscle
  • GYNOID (hips and butt): - 1.65 lbs of fat, + 1.12 lbs of muscle
  • TOTAL: - 8.64 lbs of fat, + 2.75 lbs of muscle

I'm just sharing this to show that even if weight loss is going slow, you can still be making huge changes in your body composition. I'm shocked that I lost almost 5 pounds of fat in my trunk area, and added almost 2 pounds of muscle.

I'm still at 31% body fat, and my goal is to get below 20% by the end of the year. I started the year out at around 35%, and I'm excited to keep working.

submitted by /u/Practical_Condition
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2FYcG8a

No comments:

Post a Comment