Saturday, January 26, 2019

Feeling deflated, worked really hard but have only lost 1lb, what am I doing wrong?

So I [28F] started my weight loss journey exactly a week ago today. I was 12st 5.5lb (173.5lbs) and I am 168cm tall.

I joined a slimming class and have been strictly following the eating plan (basically making sure I eat more because I don't eat anywhere near enough as I should be) and I was told to expect to lose a lot in the first week.

My usual weight is 131lbs but due to medication and chronic illness I've piled weight on super fast in the last year and a half.

So today was weigh day, I was nervous but excited to see how much my hard work has paid off and I only lost one pound. I'm so disappointed in myself and don't know what I'm doing wrong.

The only thing that I think could possibly have affected this is the fact that I have been at the gym almost daily (3 rest days in total) every day in the last 2 weeks. I've been doing a mix of cardio and core. And there's a noticeable difference in the muscles in my thighs. Could the exercise possibly be the reason I didn't lose a lot? Previous to the last 2 weeks the only exercise I ever done was walking around the house while doing house work due to pain.

Hopefully next week is a better week. Any tips are appreciated.

submitted by /u/LazySugarCane
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2HIf8RA

No comments:

Post a Comment