Saturday, January 26, 2019

Help - How do you deal with weight loss while on your period?

Sorry for being so up front with the issue, but I'm at my wits end. I am 5'3" (around 230 lbs currently, but I'm also bloated to heck) and eat 1600-1800 calories a day, and spent the last year working on my mental health so I can go about my weight loss in a healthier way (mentally) this time. I've conquered almost everything.. except my periods.

TMI incoming!

My periods are regular and all that, but they're harsh. I spend about two days practically bedridden from the pain per month on average. I'm talking full on fetal position ugly crying pain. When I'm not in that much pain, I get what my husband and I call "period brain." I basically lose the ability to think on any meaningful level. Birth control has only made this worse in the past, among other details I'll save you from, so that's not a good option for me. The most I have is CBD, pain killers, a heating pad, and my husband's support.

End TMI!

During my period I eat 1900-3000 calories on my worst days. Between the pain and my period brain, I lose all complex thought and self control. I don't even enjoy eating that much normally! I go from being full on an apple and a serving of raisins (I'm a nibbler at heart, I love snacking so I make all my meals smaller and have more of them) to eating four slices of pizza and two brats.

How can I stop nullifying and undoing my progress? Does anyone have anything that's helped them? For those who also have harsh periods, what's helped you? I'm grasping at straws on this topic, and don't know where else to go for help.

submitted by /u/pumpkinsizedmoon
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2RjcFg3

No comments:

Post a Comment