Monday, January 28, 2019

I lost 27 kg (60lbs) in 2010 and over 8 years slowly gained it back. I’d love your wise words!

It’s pretty disheartening to have gained all the weight back. I’m feeling pretty disappointed in myself and I think some common humanity would help - who’s been there? Where are you at in your journey now, and how has your perspective on weight loss and your body image changed?

I know I was too restrictive and lost the weight too quickly initially. And desperate to keep the weight off, I dieted and exercised in a way that just wasn’t sustainable or good for my mental health.

I think now my approach is to accept I probably won’t be quite that slim again, but I can still make healthy changes to my lifestyle without become obsessed with dieting and exercising again.

Does anyone who’s been there have any wisdom to throw my way?

submitted by /u/whiberry
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2B9jewr

No comments:

Post a Comment