Saturday, January 26, 2019

Ugh - Mini plateau discouraging!

I was on a medically supervised very low calorie diet (VLCD) from December 9th through January 17th. My calorie goal was 800 calories per day, and I lost close to 40 lbs during those 6 weeks, the first 7-10 of which was likely mostly water and glycogen.

On January 18th, my doctor suggested I switch to a calorie goal of 1200 calories per day, and I haven't had a single lb of weight loss since that day. I did have one cheat day where I ate 1900 calories. I am a 44 yo, 5' 11" male and currently weigh 218.7 lbs with an estimated % fat of 30.5 based on Fitbit Aria measurement. My full data can be found here: https://goo.gl/RYkMm5

Based on LoseIt calorie intake estimate and Fitbit calorie burn estimate, my average net cals/d for the past 7 days (-2487) is only a 14% reduction from my average net cals/d since Dec 9 (-2886), so I know I must be losing fat unless my logging accuracy is way off target. And my % fat trend (per Fitbit Aria) is encouraging. Plus I know I haven't had a bowel movement in a week or more despite taking Miralax the past 3 days.

Rationally, I know that if I keep walking 10k steps per day and eating 1200 cals/day, I will continue to lose weight. I am under no illusions about starvation mode or other such myths. However, seeing this mini plateau makes me want to switch back to VLCD!

submitted by /u/amin4791
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2Hvzb5F

No comments:

Post a Comment