Thursday, January 31, 2019

Food as Fun

I’ve seen a lot of posts about emotional eating and using food as a reward, but I don’t think that’s exactly what I struggle with. It’s not so much the, “Food is my friend,” thing as it is a way to celebrate an occasion or make an otherwise uneventful event feel more festive and special? If that makes any sense? For example getting a pizza on a Friday night in makes it feel more like a Friday night than having a normal balanced weekday dinner.

I think cutting out drinking lately, which is partly for the weight loss effort, has actually made this even more of an issue for me.

I know the obvious suggestion is going to be to make something more interesting for a Friday night dinner that’s still healthy, but I’m more interested in actually changing my mindset somehow.

Does anyone relate to what I’m talking about? Any advice on how to overcome it? I think it’s partly that I like making things more memorable and interesting for everyone and it feels less eventful to just sit with nothing. I’ve been at this for a while but maybe it still just takes getting used to?

I would love to just feel satisfied with the event and my family and friends and leave it at that!

submitted by /u/worldprincesspt2
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2TrxHuU

No comments:

Post a Comment