Sunday, January 27, 2019

What am I doing wrong? Working out 5-6 days a week, eating better, not losing.

Hey all, tldr at the bottom cause this is kinda long.

As the title says, I’m feeling really discouraged right now.

Let me preface this by saying, I know weight loss takes time. However, I normally see results relatively quickly when I start working like I have, but I’ve changed my approach a little for sustainability and I want to see what you guys think.

25f, was 210 when I started all of this two weeks ago.

My friend and I wanted to start getting serious about our health again, so we decided to start focusing on eating right and exercising. Namely, weightlifting.

I love lifting. It’s so nice to accomplish something so early. Here is the routine we’ve been following 4 days a week:

Warm up~ 5-10min

Weight lift (we do legs/shoulders, back/biceps, and chest/triceps, repeating 1 whichever day we started with)

Stretch, cool down.

On the days we’re not weightlifting, we have 1 solid rest day a week, and the other two days are cardio/abs.

Now previously when I tried weight loss and saw pretty good results, I incorporated much more cardio. But I thought maybe my deficit combined with the weightlifting would cover that because I just get super bored with cardio normally, unless I can catch a yoga or dance class.

Now for deficit:

I calculated my TDEE, and it’s 2,657 for moderate exercise (3-5 days a week). I also cut 7000/wk so I’m eating around 1650/day and don’t generally eat back the work out calories.

Now, I weighed myself this morning (albeit after a heavy pasta day yesterday, for a “eat back calories” day but didn’t go crazy) and measured myself.

I have gained two pounds, and my measurements are essentially the same. The only place I’ve lost anything is about an inch in my belly.

I do have a protein shake on weightlifting mornings along with breakfast, so maybe that’s causing something?

I’m incredibly frustrated! So I’m reaching out for help. Should I add more cardio? Change up the routine? I’m at a loss, or maybe just being impatient.

TL:DR-believe I’m doing everything I should be for the most part-eating in deficit and weightlifting/ exercise-but not seeing any results. What can I change?

submitted by /u/zegora_anora
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2Ug48MI

No comments:

Post a Comment