Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Can I lose ten pounds if I'm already "thin"?

I am AFAB so I am using weight loss metrics aimed at women. I usually weigh around 140 pounds, and I'd like to be closer to 130. I'm 5'8" and measure 36-27-41. I hate how wide my hips are and I would like to look more androgynous. The goal would be to weigh 130 or less, and for my hips to measure 37" maximum.

I started doing (mostly vegetarian) keto a month ago and I've been really good about staying in ketosis, drinking lots of water, getting electrolytes, and exercising regularly with HIIT and dance. I always weigh every little thing I eat and count calories meticulously; my maintenance is about 1800 and I've been eating between 1200-1400 while on keto. Any less and I tend to freak out and binge, and since I've been doing so well I'm scared of eating even less and sabotaging my efforts.

Since I started keto, I've been getting so discouraged. I feel like I'm doing everything right, but since I started, I've gained an inch around both my bust and hips (the two areas I am NOT wanting to increase), and my average weight has increased by approximately 5 pounds.

Are these increases just water weight? Will they go down if I just keep at it? Could I be overlooking anything or doing anything else? Is it even possible for me to lose this amount at the size I currently am (without straight up starving myself)? I'd appreciate any tips or input.

submitted by /u/ALIEN483
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2HFlzVP

No comments:

Post a Comment