Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Thanks for getting me through a rough patch.

I’ve been working on weight loss for a couple of months, and I’ve been having really excellent results. For 8 weeks, I lost weight, even if it was just a few ounces. Then, 3 weeks ago, it all came to a grinding halt.

I tried switching up my exercise routines. I cut back an extra 75 calories a day. I tried to get more sleep. I made sure I was drinking at least 64 oz of water every, single day. This was right around the time everyone started posting about losing five pounds in a week and “new year, new you” goals. I was frustrated and anxious about my plateau.

Then some people made posts about working through plateaus, how every week isn’t a big weight loss week, and that if you are eating at a deficit, you will lose weight; be patient. Those posts helped me get in the right headspace to keep moving forward, and keep tracking my workouts and diet. It was a LONG 3 weeks of no change, but I kept going. Today, I stepped on the scale and was down 3 pounds! So I’m still on track for my lb/week goal.

Thank you everyone that posted about working through plateaus and remaining steady, even when it feels like it’s not working. I couldn’t have gotten through it without your reassurance.

submitted by /u/cohen14722
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2Ws6tX6

No comments:

Post a Comment