Monday, January 28, 2019

[UPDATE] Progress on kidney donation weight loss

Original: https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/ahl98a/need_help_im_m35_donating_kidney_and_i_want_to/

Down to 240 lbs. as of this morning, so going great so far! I've been doing some light exercise 4 times of week before work just to start getting the habit started. Push-ups, sit-ups, arm curls, squats. Nothing major though. Some little things I've noticed:

- Holy crap, cauliflower is some sort of weight loss super food! I always loved it, but I suck at cooking so never paid attention. It's literally no effort to cook, has barely any calories, and is filling! Cheap too. Can't get enough of it!

- I've actually been getting through days with less than 1200 calories without trying (MyFitnessPal app is fantastic for that). Between the chicken breasts, cauliflower, eggs, and fat-free Greek yogurt, by the time I'm tired and going to bed, I've still got plenty I could eat if I wanted to. Usually another meal if I felt like it. I never feel like I'm starving, but I am being cautious and making sure I take daily vitamins to make sure I'm not missing anything on accident and hurting myself.

- Avacados are THE WORST! BLECH, I hate them so much. Tried them for the first time and I loathe them. Like eating a discontinued Egg-scented candle that a Bed, Bath, and Beyond employee found under one of the shelves on accident. And waaaay too expensive on top of that. I will die on this hill, dammit!

Overall, feeling great and got some good routines down I feel. I have one cheat day where I visit my parents to check on them. My mother loves to cook, so I can't say no. But I try some basic portion control, avoid potatoes, and just try to fight off the tiny rabid woman desperately attempting to feed me a weekly Thanksgiving feast. It's working so far!

submitted by /u/Endvalley
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2HyOgnm

No comments:

Post a Comment