Monday, January 28, 2019

Setting a goal other than weight loss

So my entire life my weight has fluctuated up and down. Im 5'10 and Ive been in the 240s and down to 148 (my lowest). What Ive found what works best for me when it comes to weight loss isnt deciding to lose X amt of weight, but achieving some physical goal.

For example I gave myself 6 months to do a tough mudder. Without stepping on a scale, I focused on eating healthier and making sure my body was ready to cover 10 miles of obstacles. I dropped a ton of weight and I wasnt riddled with the anxiety of fluctuating weight numbers or slow declines in weight. Something about the mentality of being able to do something rather than weighing something works better for me.

Not saying its right for you, but if youre having a tough time, theres nothing to lose with trying an alternative.

submitted by /u/TheRealScotchKorean
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2FYK0Mn

No comments:

Post a Comment