Saturday, January 26, 2019

My boyfriend has helped immensely

He’s helped me gain 10 pounds through happy dates and cozy eating that relationships usually bring about, but he’s also helped me reject perfection.

I struggled so much with weight loss over perfection. I was so upset that the chances of me having a perfect body was slim and I already had a list of surgeries I wanted before I was 19. I wanted perfect shaped everything without any scars (even after surgery). I had drowned myself in sorrow and frustration over the female equivalent of Sisyphus, and it had always led me to give up.

Now as a 21 year old, I finally met someone who showed me a different aspect on things, instead of making me feel “good enough” like past, reckless relationships had. Even as I confided in close friends, they (the girls I had deemed perfect) also had these incredible issues with themselves.

I’m back to eating healthy and staying active, except now it’s easy. I had always imagined the negativity that plagued me as a demon, gripping on to me with little claws and attacking me when I was alone. But now it’s gone. And I don’t feel like a calorie counting circus freak like before. Instead I can make productive choices and form habits and feel like I’m living a fulfilled and balanced life. I’m able to improve myself naturally and at a happy pace without the feeling of a giant clock ticking above me, waiting to punish me for not losing my calculated pounds on time.

I’m happier and it’s easier than ever. I just thought I’d share.

submitted by /u/justherecauseyall
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2Rh9Kod

No comments:

Post a Comment