Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Thanks for all the unknowing encouragement & motivation!

I’ve been lurking for the last 6 months or so and wanted to introduce myself and let you know how motivating and encouraging it’s been to read the posts here!

A little about me: I’m a 31F and I stay home with my 2 kids. I’ve always despised exercise and only ever succeeded in weight loss when I’ve counted calories (albeit without any knowledge of TDEE) or cut something out (stopped drinking soda in college and noticed a difference) so CICO made sense.

I’m 5’4 and I believe my very highest weight at some point in 2017 was around 180lb which I disliked immensely. Managed to get to 176 on my own and maintain there for 6-8 months before stumbling onto this sub and deciding to get my butt into gear. Currently I’m down to 159 having maintained ~160 for Oct-Jan. Oct-Dec were known large amounts of travel and holidays and birthdays.

I’ve learned that I can maintain pretty well but struggle to lose. I’m working on 1200-1400 calories/day knowing that closer to 1200 is better for me. Surprisingly I’ve had no issue finding foods to keep me full within that calorie range. My biggest current hurdle is mid-afternoon snacking while my kids nap and while I know my body doesn’t need that food for now I’m ok doing that and eating smaller dinners.

Thanks to you all I’ve learned what a good TDEE is for me and have confidence in mg calorie goals. You all also introduced me to the Happy Scale app which has resulted in my longest streak of weighing myself daily without getting frustrated by the numbers and giving up. I now know that plateaus are fine and I can hate the all-encompassing evil of scale/food fluctuations around my period with more understanding.

I’m down a pants size and am able to wear my wedding ring without breaking out in a rash from it being too tight for the first time in a couple of years. After being too lax and content in January I’m back on the wagon with a stretch goal of 120. I spent a lot of high school/college around 140 so that feels realistic but I’d love to see what I can do.

Thank you all for the comments on other’s posts which gave me countless tidbits and the encouragement you give to everyone regardless of their starting point!

Sorry this all got away from me and turned out longer than I meant!

submitted by /u/alittlesneakyredhead
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2MI1jBI

No comments:

Post a Comment