Wednesday, February 27, 2019

63lbs lost so far! My story!

I don’t really know how to start this, but i’m a 19yr old female 5’9 and currently 242lbs. I used to weigh 305lbs. I live in the south, and around the summer time I really felt the effects of my weight. I couldn’t catch my breath, I’m on my feet all day because of my job so my feet felt terrible after every shift, and I was sweating even though I would barely do anything strenuous. I knew something had to change, but before it didn’t click like it did this time. In the past I would feel bad, binge eat, then feel better until I saw myself in a mirror again. I realized though, if I kept doing that I would die sooner or later. I guess the 300s were a real eye opener for me.

I started in August 2018 by drinking just water and walking to work (20 mins away walking). I’m not going to lie, it sucked majorly at first, but I got used to it and the water weight started falling off. Then I started to count my calories, soon after. I started eating at 2,000 a day to get used to moderation. At first I would take me slipping up as the end of the world, but then I realized if it’s not everyday it’s normal.

Then I did cardio about 20 minutes a day to start out, and oh boy that sucked as well. It really made me realize how out of shape I was. Soon the 20 minutes turned into 30 and 45. I also now am doing some muscle building exercises and my calories a day are down to 1,500 (I don’t plan on going any lower). my weight loss has slowed down a bit, which I expected. I am still working towards it though.

The point is though, it takes time. You can’t just dive into this all at once because you will get overwhelmed. I rather do it the smart way and lose weight slowly than have instant gratification and put my body in danger. What’s the point of losing weight if it’s unhealthy? I have also realized it’s ok to mess up. It really is. Of course I had days where I ate a whole box of Girl Scout cookies, or I just didn’t feel like exercising. It actually motivated me to look in this subreddit everyday. Never lose motivation, that’s a key in weight loss. I really have nobody to talk to this about, so thank you for reading!!

submitted by /u/crnberries
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2IHKR5Z

No comments:

Post a Comment