Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Counting calories/losing weight has been affecting my mental health, and I can’t find a another way to lose weight.

( F, 5’4, 142 lbs )

I want to start of by saying that my weight right now isn’t bad, but it’s the heaviest I’ve been. In the past few years I can’t fit into my favourite jeans anymore and I’ve noticed my thighs and arms have gotten a bit bigger than I’d like. My goal for the longest time was to hit a bit below 130 mark but every time I get down to 135lbs a few days later it spikes back up.

A while back I decided to start counting calories. I’m a very forgetful person so it was difficult to log in every time I ate something. Whenever I did forget I would get frustrated and I can’t even recall what I ate the day before (like I ain’t joking when I say I’m forgetful...). So months pass as I try my best to log in my daily meals and drinks, but it’s even harder when I don’t buy the groceries that often. Finally I give up that method, and just Decide to refine my sugar intake.

I live with my parents as I am still in University. So when I come home there are usually meals prepared already. The worst part is that my dad is a sugar-holic. He buys sweets and chips all the time and it’s hard to avoid them when obviously they are there on the counter, or when there is nothing else to eat. Recently, I told him that I want to cut out junk food and he shrugged it off. He did start buying less but the odd times the snacks will be restocked.

So I started to try harder and count my calories again. I munch on a bit of fruit and veggies but it doesn’t fill me up. Going to school, coming home for an hour, then going to work for a few hours led me to binge eating when I came home. I tried to take advice from a friend who told me to prepare small snacks (like fruit salad ect.) and bring it to school/work to eat but I always end up not eating it cause im not in the mood or I just don’t have time (or... again I forget).

I look at my calories I’m suppose to log in and I get upset, especially since I have no food at home to fill me up that can go under that budget. My forgetfulness mixed with inability to make my own meals makes me clueless on what to do with my weight. I constantly feel bad about myself as I have very little progress. My friend was able to lose weight in an instant and it makes me frustrated that I’m struggling. Now I can’t stop comparing myself to others.

TLDR; I am getting discouraged with my weight loss. Counting calories isn’t working for me and since I still live with my parents my options of meals are limited. I can’t find a stable weight loss plan.

submitted by /u/deepsleepthoughts
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2BRgK6i

No comments:

Post a Comment