Friday, February 22, 2019

I'm no longer obese! 29.8 BMI

This is my first post since the start of my weight loss journey. I'm 33, male, 6'4", starting weight of 285 and current weight 245. After getting married this last June and getting the pictures back I was not feeling good about how big I was. I was always a bigger guy but pretty active, have had back issues for the last 8 years (2 degenerative herniated discs L4/L5/S1) and right after the wedding I hurt my back again and was laid up for 3 weeks. Went to go see my doctor to get a physical, my first in a long while, and after some physical and blood tests he was very forward with me saying I was drinking too much and needed to lose weight. Wanting to make sure I could spend as much time on this earth as possible with my amazing wife I told myself I need to change and make it permanent.

I already ate pretty good food and didn't drink soda except for a once every two month bottle of Mexican Coke. My problem was that I would eat like someone was going to take it from me. Ate so fast I wouldn't feel full until I already ate too much. I started reducing my portions and tried my best to eat slowly. I also stopped drinking on "school nights." Since making these changes I don't need as much food and saw the weight start to shed off. I ride my bicycle to work everyday and walk at least 15+ flights of stairs a day, plus 2-3 mile walks with the doggo. It didn't dawn on me to check my BMI until today as I always hated it, but now I can look at it and not feel shameful. I'm not done by any means, but other than my wife and doc I couldn't think of anyone else I would feel comfortable telling this news. So here I am.

Hopefully this will be read by someone who is afraid of making big changes and realize sometimes you don't have to have wholesale sweeping changes and starve yourself or kill yourself at the gym, you may just need to change one or two things.

submitted by /u/l84tahoe
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2U2pA8j

No comments:

Post a Comment