Tuesday, February 26, 2019

NSV? My MIL thought I was ill. AKA it shows now!

First of all, my mum-in-law is a lovely lady, we're friends and we do not follow the stereotypical relationship in which we are required to hate each other because we both happen to love the same guy a lot.

I haven't seen her in about 2 months we invited her for lunch -a massive 2000 kcal Sunday Roast- and gardening/knitting help (Yes... I share hobbies with a woman 25 years older than me, okay?).

The moment she saw me, her jaw dropped, but she's a classy lady and kept herself composed. After a while, she pulled me aside and asked me if I was okay and all that jazz, explaining that she was worried. I didn't know it at the time, but apparently a whole bunch of women in her family have a history of anorexia/bulimia and she panicked a little when she saw her favourite (and only) daughter-in-law 50lbs lighter.

When I explained that I am counting calories, running and lifting, she laughed, gave me a bone-crushing hug, told me I looked fabulous and asked me to explain the magic behind the fact that I somehow manage to lose weight and eat cake. She said she wants to try it.

She's the first person to really really notice my weight loss. And it feels amazing!

submitted by /u/ShrinkingLizard
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2SYPwp9

No comments:

Post a Comment