Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Struggling with the motivation to lose more weight

I started my weight loss journey in August 2016 at 196 lbs. In the first 5-6 months I lost 35lbs, maintained for 11 months, decided time to lose a little more weight - lost 15 lbs (wanted to lose more but wedding was coming and I had already bought my dress), and have maintained that weight since. But starting around January, I started to want to lose more weight (about 20-30lbs) and have not been able to get the motivation up to actually make a change. When I first started my motivation was "I'll be damned if I ever see 200 on a scale" and it was VERY good motivation because I was almost there, the second time I wanted to be as skinny as possible for my wedding without needing my dress to be altered too much (also good motivation because those pictures are forever). But now I'm hovering around 145-150 area and I just cant get that motivation up again. I'm not unhappy with where I am but I know that I would be happier if I got the weight off. I also feel like now I have to give up more, in the beginning I just had to stop eating ALL the time and the weight pretty much fell off, now I eat a normal amount (about 1600 calories a day) and I'm just maintaining. I go to the gym sometimes, not as much as I probably should but I avoid it because I have arthritis in my knees and I know its going to make that uncomfortable for a while. I don't even really know why I'm posting this, advice maybe? Maybe just to know that other people feel this way too? Maybe to get yelled at and told to stop being lazy about it?

submitted by /u/spermbankssavelives
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2XoAV4V

No comments:

Post a Comment