Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Extremely discouraged after doctor's visit

Hi everyone,

I previously posted about how I was nervous about seeing my doctor and today was my appointment. I show up to the office, never been there before and the nurse was very nice and friendly. Great. I assume the doctor will also be nice and friendly...Wrong. Okay, she enters the room and asks about my concerns and I tell her that I have chin hair (female), lose my hair in clumps, and have bad acne. I also tell her that I would like an appetite suppressant and begin to go onto my next concern as this is a physical and isn't free. She tells me she can only focus on the thyroid issue (chin hair, losing hair, acne) okay, fine. She then tells me that it's mostly due to my weight which obviously I know, but would like some relief. She goes on to say that I'm basically too far gone and I will never be a healthy weight. Mind you, I'm 21 and weighed in at 355. Yup, I know I weigh a lot, but that doesn't mean I can't lose it! Her attitude towards everything was extremely discouraging and unhelpful. She also told me that I should be at the gynecologist due to my issues. Right, well I'm here so? She then asks me in a very rude tone "Can you even exercise?" YES!!!! I just completed an Orange Theory class and signed up for the monthly package, as I am serious about losing weight. The patients on my 600 pound life are able to exercise AND lose weight before even getting weight loss surgery. Anyways, I basically left in tears and couldn't believe that a physician would tell me I will "most likely" never be a normal weight again. Thoughts?

submitted by /u/pubsub1234
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2UiWDoE

No comments:

Post a Comment